Friday, August 24, 2012

Where on earth have I been?!!

Hi everyone!

Before I go any further I would like to say a masssive sorry for not being around the last couple months! I don't even know where to start! I feel terrible for being gone so long with no explanation but I am back and I am excited.

I feel like I owe somewhat of an explanation... I had some family things going on, that I don't really feel the need to explain but this is kind of what started my blog hiatus. I stopped reading so much and started feeling a lot of pressure to get back into it. Not reading for me is a big deal. This past couple of years I have almost always had a book on the go. But I just didn't feel like it. Very unusual for me. How could I possibly blog when I hadn't even been reading??

Then there was also the uni course that I picked. Proffesional Writing and Publishing which turned out to be a big flop. I didn't enjoy it at all. It just wasn't for me. I couldn't keep up with all of the posts I wanted to be doing, and I ended up procrastinating and that is something I am very good at apparently...

But I am back! And I am looking forward to blogging again. I have been reading some great books lately and I have wanted to share what I thought about them with you all!

Now that I am back there might be some changes to how my blog works. For starters I will no longer be accepting review requests from self published authors. As much as I got excited receiving review requests, I can't keep up with them all, and I don't want to have to put a hold on the books that I want to read.

Secondly, I am reconsidering my 5 star rating system. Giving books a rating out of 5 can be very difficult sometimes. But I know as a blog reader and booktuber watcher I like knowing a rough rating about what the reviewer thought about the book prior to comitting to reading/viewing the review. I will be instead giving "quick thoughts" about the book instead of a rating, letting you know what I thought of the book in roughly 10 words. I will see how this goes and if it isn't working I will go back to rating.

I think that is all for now. Look forward to getting back into the swing of things!!

Hope you will all take me back!

Happy reading!
- Amy

4 comments:

  1. You have returned! :D

    ...well, hello there. Nice to see you back!

    Aw, that's completely understandable. Hope everything is better now, or getting there.

    I have been reading some great books lately and I have wanted to share what I thought about them with you all! Ooh, do share ;D

    Look forward to your next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here.
    I hope you'll still do those blogspiration posts tho, I liked those

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm glad you took my advice ;)
    *hugs* WELCOME BACK AMY! *throws confetti*

    Oh, bloody uni :( Ugh. If you hated the course then it's a good thing you're no longer doing it :) That's why I switched to my PR degree haha, my procrastination was even worse when I was doing my previous degree!

    I know what you're feeling! When I didn't blog for a month, it was because I hadn't read anything due to working full time and I was buggered! So I'm glad you're getting back into it :D

    WOOO!


    Ps - Lunch when I get back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, it's good to have you back. Hope you find your rhythm again. I love blogging but usually after being away a while it takes a while to get back into it properly. Shame about the course, but a lot of courses just don't seem to deliver what they say - false advertising me thinks :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) so leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...